Saturday, October 23, 2010

a blog for the sake of a blog

I have to blog now.
On my mind (regarding the class(es)) - theories, CoP's, research, group communication/collaboration, feedback, organization and prioritization ... and more.

This all feeds into our individual AR projects but it also develops us as people, as useful people with things to share.

There is no one theory that trumps them all.  All should be taken into consideration when presented with a certain task or goal.
CoP's are instrumental in nearly all aspects of life.
Research is time consuming but well-worth every single second.  Research needs to be seen from the individual "piece of literature" and then also in regards to the rest of the research.  It's important to take notes and write important thoughts and concepts as soon as they come to mind or they will be forgotten when the time comes to formulate an essay.  And I can't stress enough the importance of organization in this area -- keeping sources' citations, making sure any 'good' quote found and noted has the source citation attached to it (even if abbreviated, it can be properly cited later).
Our groups lose/gain focus, lose/gain ground according to how much time and effort is put into constructive communication and collaboration.
Feedback from instructors is desired for various reasons - some need re-assurance that they are on the right track...some need clarity...some need re-direction...etc.
Personal organization and prioritization is important but somehow sits in the backseat during this time.  That makes me a bit uncomfortable, but I'm learning to deal with it.

Overall, I see progress in the process.  I see part of the road map (though I'd rather see it all...but I'm sure there is reason why we aren't shown the whole "way" and much of it has to do with the organic nature of AR .... and the extreme ever-changing technology...become complacent or stagnant is a death sentence in this world).

Just a quick update about where I am mentally.
Emotionally, my mind is a bit of a mess - I know one of the mantra is "family first" but I don't see that as an option conducive with success in this program.  It's more of a choice...family OR school.  But I look at the brighter side: it's only for a year...and now less than eight months by my count.
jlt

No comments:

Post a Comment