Friday, August 6, 2010

After some time...processing the process

I'm a bit overwhelmed but getting used to it.
I thought "life" was overwhelming before - now it's a bit more complicated even for ME!
I think we've worked through the majority of the VPN issues and I feel more confident about that whole deal.
I think I know what I'm supposed to be reading (finally got the current books in my snail mail) but I know I'm a bit behind on the reading --- I am a quick reader & will catch up very soon.
I figured out that I have quite a few forum topics to think about & comment on...I think I'd like to do some of that reading before I go to the forums, however.
Our team has a decent idea of where we'd like to head on our project and I'm working through my own AR project.  I've already had two appointments with some profs at NU (where I work), I'm finding rejection where I figured it would be...but I keep in mind the words of the Great Padre Paul: find out their NEEDS....present to them with those needs in mind.  It's difficult, profs these days are very adamant about keeping technology (for the most part) out of the classroom.  They see it as a distraction, and a hinder the overall goal.  The goal is critical thinking and to the profs in the Humanities Dept., C.T. can't be achieved with technology.  I will find a way to somehow show them that it CAN BE DONE.  I have an ACE in my pocket...I'm waiting on him to return from Indonesia in a couple weeks.  It's all good.
I also found my list for: what to put on your website -- so this website will be revamped and re-arranged little-by-little.
My old man leaves for the midEast in about a week.  It's not great when he's gone...but I get a helluva lot more done, professionally.
j

No comments:

Post a Comment